We are an Independent, Fundamental Baptist Church.
As an Independent Church we are not dependent, subject, or subordinate to any outside organization. We are autonomous or self-governing.
What we mean by Fundamental is that we hold tenaciously to the fundamentals of the Faith:
- The inspiration, infallibility, and inerrancy of the Scriptures.
- The Trinity.
- The pre-existence, deity, virgin birth, bodily resurrection, and visible return of Christ.
- Jesus’ substitutionary death on the cross for sin.
- Salvation by grace alone through faith in Christ.
- Biblical separation (personal and ecclesiastical). We do not believe that it is Scriptural to cooperate with liberalism for any reason.
We are unashamedly Baptist. We appreciate what our Baptist forefathers have accomplished through much difficulty and persecution. Our desire is to continue the work that they have so faithfully performed.
The Baptist Distinctives are:
- The accuracy and authority of the Scriptures (II Tim. 3:16-17; Rev. 22:18-19). And in particular, we believe that the New Testament is the standard for the operation and organization of the Church.
- Individual soul liberty; the responsibility of every believer to understand the Scriptures thru the ministry of the Holy Spirit. (Rom. 14:4-5; I Cor. 2:10)
- A Regenerate, Baptized church membership (Acts 2:41-42)
- Sovereign, Independent local churches (Rom. 16:1,4; I Cor. 1:2; Gal. 1:3)
- Two Officers: Pastor and Deacons (I Tim. 3:1,8)
- Two Ordinances: Baptism (Immersion, once, backwards) and the Lord’s Supper. (Matt. 3:16; Acts 2:41; Rom. 6:3-4; I Cor. 11:17-34)
- Separation of Church and State (Matt. 22:21; Acts 5:29; Rom. 13:1-7)
- The Priesthood of all believers: the access of each believer to the Throne of Grace to worship God and pray for himself and others. (Heb. 4:16)
- The Sovereignty of God and Headship of Christ (Col. 1:18; Eph. 4:15)