Do you know for sure that if you were to die right now that you could enter into heaven and spend an eternity with God? God has provided a way to have a relationship with Himself and that is through his Son the Lord Jesus Christ.
How Can a person be saved and spend eternity with God?
1. Realize that “all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23). All including you, will come short of heaven because of sin in your life. All of us like sheep have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way (Isaiah 53:6). Instead of leading us to a better life, our sinful choices lead to physical and spiritual death. Therefore;
2. Realize that “the wages of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). All people die physically, but all people do not die spiritually. Unless you are born again through Jesus Christ and saved from the penalty of sin you will spend eternity in Hell, a place of “fire and brimstone which is the second death” (Revelation 21:8). But, praise God;
3. Realize that “Christ died for our sins” (Romans 5:8). Jesus Christ paid the entire price on the cross for your sin. He took your place at the cross so that you could spiritually live. God set the price of sin, which was that of a perfect sacrifice, and then God Himself gave His own Son to pay that price in your place.
4. Realize that “the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23). God offers you freely His gift of eternal life. This gift is yours by trusting in a risen Jesus Christ, who arose on the third day and is alive forevermore, to forgive you your sin. God now commands all men everywhere to repent and turn from their sins to God.
5. If you can sincerely Realize the above truths from Scripture and realize that you need Christ as Savior, you then must call upon the name of the Lord for salvation. “Who so ever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:13). Whosoever means YOU. If you by simple faith will trust in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for your soul’s salvation and simply come before God in prayer asking for forgiveness of sins and the gift of eternal life, you will be born again. You have God’s word on it. Nothing else will do -- not church membership, not baptism, not confirmation, or communion. None of these things can save any of us from the penalty for sin. Only Jesus Christ can do that. Find and read in your Bible these two verses: Acts 4:12 and John 14:6.